Sunday, April 14, 2013

Love the I-pad for music! and dropbox, too!

Members of the Columbus Dulcimer Club were using I-pads for music instead of hauling a fat book like I have. And being the computer nerd that I am, I wanted one, too!

So I bought and I-pad first generation from E-Bay. Found one in mint condition.

It came! Now what?

I don't own a Mac. I have a PC. Didn't have wireless. Couldn't get to program I needed onto the I-pad without wireless. Couldn't use Bob Evans wireless, either.

So I visited a friend long enough to use his wireless to download "forScore". Then I could get my pdf dulcimer music onto it through ITunes. But over the years, I didn't save copies of everything that I did on my computer but most I had uploaded to my yahoo group "publicdomaindulcimer". I had started that group a long time ago when there wasn't much dulcimer music on the net. Anyone can join and download any or all the music. I arranged all of it for public domain. So I downloaded all the music and it is not on my I-pad.

I have so much music that I think I am only going to use forScore for the dulcimer music. My guitar, autoharp, hammer dulcimer music will have to go into a different program...

I want to get a new scanner, too. I have an old one that will save to jpg but not pdf. Jim wants an I-pad, too.

Yesterday morning I downloaded Dropbox. I wish I had done that years ago before I lost a hard drive. Seems you never get everything saved...

It is a great online backup that is free until you need more space. And it is easy to use!

Today I called Doug from Columbus Dulcimer Club and he gave me access to the club music in his dropbox and it downloaded directly into forScore on the I-pad. So tomorrow on my lunch break at work, I will go through the club music and add it to a playlist and catagorize the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment