Monday, April 15, 2013

Flashing ads on my emails!!@##$%$#!!!!

I hate to have to change my webhost and move my email, but yahoo is getting AWFUL! I have flashing ads when I want to read my mail. This is not my free webservice. This is my PAID webservice.  And there is an ad that pops up in the bottom right hand corner AND there are more ads on the left hand side on the bottom. When yahoo upgraded the website service, they deleted ALL my websites and blog. I had to put them all up again.  I am finding that my websites are being hacked? maybe... because I am finding words on my webpage that are being linked to ads. I have a bunch of yahoo groups and am getting double posts on most of the every day.  Got suggestions for reliable websites and email? 

Unless yahoo gets rid of the flashing ads and reduces the pile of ads... if I opt out, it's done by cookies. If I delete the cookies, I'll get the ads but not all the advertisers have agreed to let me opt out. So can't get rid of the ads. If I click on the "close button" on the ad, it takes you right to the ad's website.


04/15/2013

Turns out it was MALWARE!!!! Even the ads at the bottom that said yahoo.com were. I used Malwarebytes anti-malware. There were 6 items it removed and no more problem!!!

I was really upset about it. Glad I finally got hold of someone at yahoo - it takes going through a bunch of help pages until you finally get to where you can call.... But she was very helpful and the problem is gone!!

And the thing is... if those malware folks hadn't gotten so greedy with the quantity of ads, I'd still have ads on my emails and webpages!

No comments:

Post a Comment